You indicated that you do live with either your biological or adoptive parents.
Now, determine what documentation you need to provide to complete your EOP application:
Did your parent(s) file 2012 Federal Income Taxes?
- Send a copy of your parent(s)’ 2012 federal income taxes, more specifically:
- Pages 1 and 2 as well as ALL required Schedules
- Worksheet pages are not necessary
- The signature section on page 2 must be signed by the person filing (most likely your parent) or we will not be able to review
- If your parent(s) do not have a copy of their 2012 federal tax return, you can order a copy from the IRS here:
- If you are NOT claimed as a dependent on your parent(s)’ tax return, you must still send the tax return along with a letter signed by you, the student, and the parent with whom you reside describing why you were not claimed.
- Go to the official IRS website to retrieve your proof of non-filing letter: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=232168,00.html
- Click “Order a Transcript” under the #3
- Complete all information for your parents (Social Security Number, Date of Birth, etc).
- When prompted to pick a “Type of Transcript,” select RETURN TRANSCRIPT and tax year 2012.
- Within two (2) weeks, you will receive a letter from the IRS stating no tax return is on file for your parent's Social Security Number.
How/where to send documentation:
Include your Binghamton ID Number (B-Number) on the top of each page. If you do not know your B-Number, make sure your name is clearly written on top of each page.
Please send copies of documentation only! Keep the originals for your records.
Send all required documentation, at one time, via:
MAIL: EOP Application Processing
PO Box 6001
Binghamton, NY 13902-6001
SCAN and EMAIL: email@example.com