board member spotlight
MICHELLE ADAMS '94
Major: Philosophy, Politics & Law
Title: Managing Director
Employer: Tishman Speyer
Location: New York
Residential Community: Newing College (Bingham and Chenango)
Campus Involvements: Student Association, Binghamton University Council, Senior Class President, Resident Assistant, Tour Guide, Judicial Board
1) What experience at Binghamton most relates to what you do today?
The ability to work with a diverse group of people to come to consensus on a particular issue. Working with members of the Student Association, faculty and staff enabled me to bring many types of opinion makers into the room to achieve resolution on issues, and, to this day, I work with a wide array of stakeholders on various projects, and my history at Binghamton has allowed me to keep up that same team work mentality.
2) If you could go back in time and take a class today what would it be?
Anything in the School of Management!
3) What did you think you would end up doing on graduation day and what are you doing now?
I always thought I would be an attorney, and after years of working in the not-for-profit world, I am now working in a private real estate company
4) What do you miss the most about Binghamton University?
The campus life and Wegmans! I miss the ability to walk out my door and have friends everywhere. I miss the beautiful fall foliage. I miss Wegmans, and I miss the Pub.
5) What one thing should every student do before he or she graduates?
Study in the Science Library, walk around the Brain during the Fall season, go to a basketball game, and attend the Spiedie Festival and Balloon Rally!