Archaeology for Kids
The Community Archaeology Program (CAP) offers a five day summer program that allows students (ages 10-12) to learn about archaeology in their own communities.
- Allows students to learn about archaeology in New York and the Southern Tier
- Includes a visit to a local archaeological site to help researchers discover the past
- Helps students learn about the scientific techniques of excavating sites.
- Provides a tour of a working archaeology lab
- Stresses the importance of preserving archaeological sites for future generations.
- Includes hands on opportunities to make and use Native American tools.
Web Site: http://cap.binghamton.edu
Director: Nina Versaggi
The Public Archaeology Facility (PAF)
PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000