Arena Flag Football
Updated Playoff Information
As you may now be aware, a situation occurred last night in which we had to postpone our playoffs. Specifically, a thrown football hit a light protector cage resulting in it falling off and exposing lights. Unfortunately, we cannot play under this circumstance and need to wait for the appropriate West Gym facility personnel to resolve the matter with maintenance. In order to do this, equipment not readily available in the building must be brought from campus into the building- there is no time frame as to when the repair will be completed. To compound the issue, space is only available through Friday night (the West Gym is not available Saturday and/or Sunday this weekend and through all of next week because of finals). We only have space for games before/after our 3v3 Basketball playoffs. On behalf of our program, we apologize for the limitations and changes that are now needed to complete the tournament. Therefore, we will be implementing the following modifications and schedule changes:
- All tournament games will now be one (1) twenty-five (25) minute game.
- There will be no half-time.
- We will continue with running time.
- The last one minute and thirty seconds (1:30) will be stop time if the score differential is less than twenty-one (21) points.
- Teams will have three (3) timeouts per game. Each timeout will be thirty (30) seconds.
- A coin toss will begin each game, the higher seed will have the opportunity to call the coin flip. The team that wins the coin toss will have the option to start the game with the ball, or start the game on defense.
Schedule Changes (once again, we are extremely limited in what we have available to play the remainder of our tournament- please be sure to review the schedule).
- Game 5, Wednesday 12/12 @ 11:30p: #1 Theta Tau vs. #8 Team Swat...... Winner will play Friday 12/14 @ 6:30p.
- Game 6, Thursday 12/13 @ 8p: #4 To Quilla Mockingbird vs. #5 In Funt We Trust...... Winner will play Friday 12/14 @ 6:30p.
- Game 7, Thursday 12/13 @ 8:30p: #3 The Spartans vs. #11 Get Off Me Child's Play..... Winner will play Friday 12/14 @ 7p.
- Game 8, Wednesday 12/12 @ 11p: #2 Football Team vs. #10 Animosity...... Winner will play Friday 12/14 @ 7p.
- Game 9, Semi-Final 1, Friday 12/14 @ 6:30p: Winner of Game 5 vs. Winner of Game 6....... Winner plays for Championship at 7:45p.
- Game 10, Semi-Final 2, Friday 12/14 @ 7p: Winner of Game 7 vs. Winner of Game 8..... Winner plays for Championship at 7:45p.
- Game 11, Championship, Friday 12/14 @ 7:45p: Winner of Game 9 vs. Winner of Game 10.
Once again, we apologize for the changes. Please note, if we encounter damage again to any of the light fixtures we will most likely need to cancel the tournament. Please discuss this with your quarterbacks and/or anyone who has the potential to throw the ball (basically your entire team). In addition, should the repair not be completed tomorrow there is a better than average chance we will need to cancel altogether.
Should you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. Thank you in advance for your understanding, patience and willingness to work with us as we do what we can to sustain some type of play under these unfortunate conditions.
Fall 2012 Registration Information:
- Registration period: Monday, Oct. 1- Friday, Oct. 26.
- Tentative start date: Nov. 4- 5.
- Play days: Sunday-Monday (NEW ADDITION DAY).
- Captains meeting: via e-mail and at first game.
- Space is limited. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All games played in the West Gym.
Please review the Rules and Policies.
General Reminders and Updates
- League play begins Sunday, Nov. 4, all games are played in the West Gym.
- Player Participation: All players that appear on a team’s roster must be a current student, faculty, or staff member at Binghamton University. All players must submit their B-NUMBER at the first scheduled game in order to participate. Players can not be added after the first game has been played. Any team that violates the participation rule will forfeit all games prior and be ineligible for playoff competition. A valid ID CARD for all participants must be shown to the staff members before all games. Players may only play on one team, in one pool/league on one day.
- Team Jerseys: All teams are encouraged to provide their own shirts with numbers. The schedule has designated Home and Visitor Teams. Home teams will be required to wear dark shirts while Visitor team will be required to wear light shirts.
- Forfeit Policy: Any team that does not show for a scheduled game at any time during league play will be receive an automatic forfeit and be removed from the league. Also, any team that does not provide the minimum amount of players to start a game at any time during league play will receive a forfeit, thus eliminating the team from the league. EXCEPTION: If a team knows they can not play a scheduled game, the game may be reschedule. A call must be made no later than 5pm on the Wednesday before the weekend of scheduled play. Games requested to be rescheduled are not guaranteed.
- Top two teams from each pool will automatically advance to our single elimination tournament (week of 12/8). Selected 3rd place pool teams may receive an at-large bid pending final record.
Fall 2012 Schedules
Regular Season Schedule
*Sunday teams will have games on Mondays as well, due to West Gym availability
Fall 2012 Standings