Job Search Links for Veterans
Listed below are a variety of job search links designed especially for veterans.
These links, along with the Career Development Center's general job search links can assist you in beginning your own job search.
- About.com - Military employment opportunities.
- HireVetsFirst.gov - A government led site dedicated to employing veterans.
- Linked-Vets Group on LinkedIn
- Military.com - Posts jobs, career fairs and contains a skills and salary calculator.
- MilitaryHire.com - Claims to be the leading job and resume site for veterans. Also offers tips on
constructing a resume and interviewing.
- Veterans Career Fair - Milicruit virtual recruitment center where you canvisit employer booths, view/apply
for jobs, chat with recruiters during career fairs, and email them directly off hours
or in between event days, and from the comfort and convenience of home.
- Recruit Military - Jobs posted by employers looking to hire veterans.
- Riley Guide - Job search advice for veterans.
- Veterans Today - Job listings for veterans.
- Vetjobs.com - Posts jobs for veterans and their spouses.
- O*Net Military Crosswalk Search - Cross-references military titles with civilian positions. Free resource that is updated
frequently by the U.S. Department of Labor
- VetFriendly - Resource to help transitioning service members, veterans, and military spouses see
who is hiring in the industries they are most interested in. This is a free service
funded and operated by Veteran Recruiting Services and small donations by the employers
who display their veteran friendly status.
- Hiring Our Heroes - A pnationwide initiative to help veterans, transitioning service members, and military
spouses find meaningful employment.
- Hire Veterans - Offers employers access to resumes and job postings so that they can reach their
unique visitors. For U.S. Veteran Job Seekers, they offer the very best and relevant
jobs offered by world class companies in the USA and abroad.
- Hire A Patriot - Connects Veterans to employers as well as colleges and training schools and educating
both sides to ensure that everyone involved understands how to effectively communicate
with each other.
- The Brothers Fund - Helps veterans fulfill dreams and business ambitions by providing them with loans
to start or grow their own businesses. It is also their hope that as these businesses
grow, they too will pay it forward by hiring other vets to help advance their careers.
- The Honor Bridge - Connects good companies with the finest manager-leaders and technicians in the world;
former and transitioning members of America's armed forces.
- Military Leaders in Transition - Is a forum to engage current and former senior military leaders in transition, potential
employers and the experts who work with this unique community.
The website of the Career Development Center at Binghamton University contains links to other websites as a convenience for its users and is not responsible for the contents of any linked site.