Final Exam Scheduling
Final exam room requests are granted based on the following guidelines:
- Final exams are scheduled based on meet patterns of courses. For example: All courses that meet during the Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:30–9:30 a.m. time slot are ALL assigned to the same date and time for their exams.
- If an instructor who teaches more than one section requests to give both exams at the same time, the final exam will be scheduled in either a 7-9 p.m. time slot (dates vary) or on the Friday of final exam week (times vary). This significantly reduces the number of student conflicts, reducing the need for make-up exams.
- Since large rooms are limited, instructors who request large rooms to accommodate double seating (students sitting in every other seat) may have exams scheduled with another course within the department.
- Instructors will be notified via email by the Course Building and Space Management Office if a final exam is scheduled in a double-booked room. We suggest the two instructors contact each other to discuss logistics (where each class will sit, etc.).
- If a scheduled exam date and time is unsatisfactory to the instructor, he/she can opt to have it changed to the Friday of final exam week. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any other alternate days of the week.
Submit a Request
Click here to request a final exam (link).
or if you want to submit multiple final exams on a single spreadsheet,
Click here to download the final exam request template (8.2 kb .xlsx)
Final Exam Schedule
Click here to view the final exam schedule.
Contact Classroom Scheduling Coordinator Lisa Gould at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-777-6872.