Conversations in the Discipline:
Simulation in Health Care
Abstract Submission Guidelines
The Abstract Submission Deadline is April 6, 2012
All abstracts must be received electronically no later that the deadline date listed above.
These posters will feature exploratory, descriptive and experimental research, pilot projects, programs, and work by students, faculty and clinicians.
- To provide a forum in which scholars from various disciplines and workplaces can come together to share their findings from research pertaining to simulation.
- To identify and explore existing gaps in knowledge regarding the use of simulation in health care in New York.
- To explore the existing interventions specific to the use of simulation to improve health outcomes.
- To encourage participants to work collaboratively to develop solutions that will increase simulation activities between universities and health care settings.
Layout for Poster: The poster must be organized under the following headings according to the format:
Theoretical Framework (if applicable)
Implications and Conclusions
Abstract Length: All abstracts must not exceed 150 words.
Keywords: Bioengineering, Collaboration, Ergonomics, Healthcare, interdisciplinary Education, Nursing, Safety, Simulation, Systems Engineering, Team Training.
Required Poster Format:
- Each presenter will be assigned a 34' (high) X 84' (wide) tri-fold poster space. the poster boards will be displayed on tables.
- Each author is responsible for assembly and removal of his/her own presentation.