2001 CS Department Publications
[Abu-Ghazaleh] [Ghose] [Land] [Lewis] [Madden] [Meng] [yin] [Zhang]
- Tilak S., and N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "A Concurrent Migration Extension to an End-to-End Mobility Architecture," ACM Mobile Computing and Communication Review, July 2001. 26--31.
- Abu-Ghazaleh, N. B. and P. A. Wilsey, "The Shared Control Parallel Architecture Model," Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing. Volume 61, number 6, 767--783, June 2001
- Balakrishnan V., R. Radhakrishnan , D. Rao, N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh and P. A. Wilsey, "A Performance and Scalability Analysis Framework for Parallel Discrete Event Simulators," Simulation, Practice and Theory. Volume 8, 529--553, 2001
- Khundakjie, F., P. Madden, N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh and M. Yildiz, "Parallel VLSI Standard Cell Placement on a Cluster of Workstations," Proceedings of IEEE Clusters, October 2001, pages 85--94
- Goff T., N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh, D. S. Phatak and R. Kahvecioglu, "Preemptive Maintenance Routing in Ad Hoc Networks," International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM 2001), Rome, Italy, July 2001, pages 43--52.
- Kumar K., N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh and P. A. Wilsey, "A Multiple-SIMD Processor in Memory," International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP 2001), Sept. 2001, Valencia Spain (507--514)
- Goff T., N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh and D.S. Phatak, "Analysis of TCP Performance on Ad-Hoc Networks using Preemptive Maintenance Routing," International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP.01), Sept. 2001, Valencia Spain (232--239)
- Kumar K., N. Pisolkar, N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh and P. A. Wilsey "PPSIM: An Efficient Simulator for a Parallel Processor In Memory," Proceedings of the 34th Annual Simulation Symposium, april 2001. Seattle, WA. (CD Proceedings)
- Ponomarev D. V., Kucuk, Gurhan and Ghose.K, "Reducing Power Requirements of Instruction Scheduling Through Dynamic Allocation of Multiple Datapath Resources," Proc. 34th ACM International Symposium on Microarchitecture (MICRO-34), Austin, TX, December 2001, pp. 90-101.
- Kucuk, Gurhan, Ponomarev D.V., Ghose.K and Kogge.P.M,"Energy-Efficient Instruction Dispatch Buffer Design for Superscalar Processors," Proc. ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED.01), Huntington Beach, CA, August 2001, pp. 237-242.
- Ponomarev.D.V., Kucuk, Gurhan and Ghose.K,"Dynamic Allocation of Datapath Resources for Low Power," Proc. Workshop on Complexity-Effective Design (WCED.01), 28th International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA-28), Goteborg, Sweden, June 2001, pp. 34-41.
- Ponomarev.D.V., Kucuk, Gurhan and Ghose.K,"Power Reduction in Superscalar Datapaths Through Dynamic Bit-Slice Activation," Proc. Workshop on Innovative Architecture for Future Generation High-Performance Processors and Systems, IEEE CS Press, February 2001, pp.16-24.
- Ponomarev.D.V, Ghose.K and Saksonov, Eugeny,"Optimal Polling for Latency-Throughput Tradeoffs in Queue-Based Network Interfaces for Clusters," Proc. Euro-Par 2001, Manchester, UK, August 2001, pp.86-95.
- Land, W.H.,Jr., ( Masters, T., Lo, J.Y., and McKee, D.), "Application of Adaptive Boosting to EP-Derived Multi-Layered Feed Forward Neural networks (MLFN) To Improve Benign/Malignant Breast Cancer Classification,"SPIE Medical Imaging Symposium, Volume 4322, San Diego, CA, February, 17-22, 2001,pp. 1717-1724
- Land, W. H., Jr.,( Masters, T., Lo, J. Y., McKee, D. W., & Anderson, F. ) "Performance analysis of evolutionary computation (EC)/Adaptive Boosting (AB) hybrids for breast cancer classification" Proceedings of the Combined 4th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI2001) and the 6th International conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis (ISAS2001), Volume X, Orlando, Florida, July, 22- 25, pp. 461-466
- Land, W. H.,, Jr, ( Heimes, F., and Ford, W.,) "Multiple Flight Condition Aircraft Control Law Design via Multiple Interactivg Programs," Proceedings of the Combined 4th World Multi conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI2001) and the 6th International conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis (ISAS2001), Volume XVI, Orlando, Florida, July, 22-25, pp. 316-321
- Land, W.H., Jr., (Masters, T., Lo, J.Y., and McKee, D.W.),"Application of Evolutionary Computation and Neural Network Hybrids for Breast Cancer Classification Using Mammogram and History Data," Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Seoul, Korea, May 27-30,2001, pp. 1147-1154.
- Land, W.H., Jr., (Ford II, W.S., and Heimes, F.O.,) "Application of Evolutionary Computation to Aircraft Control Law Design," Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Seoul, Korea, May 27- 30,2001, pp. 1040-1046-1.
- Land, W. H.,( Masters, T., Lo, J. Y., McKee, D. W., & Anderson, F. R.) "New results in breast cancer classification obtained from an evolutionary computation/adaptive boosting hybrid using mammogram and history data," Proceedings of the IEEE SMCia01 Mountain Workshop on Soft Computing in Industrial Applications, Blacksburg, Va., June 25-27,pp. 47-52. (Runner -up best paper award)
- Land, W.H., Jr., (Akanda, A., and Lo, J.Y.,) "Application of Support Vector Machines To Breast Cancer Classification Using Mammogram and History Data," Proceedings of the Artificial Neural Networks in Engineering Conference (ANNIE), Volume II, St. Louis, Missouri, Nov. 4-9, 2001, pp.839-844
- M.J.Lewis, "Dynamically Configurable Distributed Objects in Legion," Engineering Complex Object Oriented Systems for Evolution (ECOOSE) at Object Oriented Programming Languages, Systems, and Applications (OOPSLA 2001), Tampa, Florida, October 2001.
- M.J.Lewis and A.S.Grimshaw, "Runtime Support for Automatic Wide Area Implementation Management in Legion," Heterogeneous Computing Workshop (HCW .01) at IPDPS .01, April 2001.
Patrick H. Madden
- M. C. Yildiz and P. H. Madden,"Improved Cut Sequences for Partitioning Based Placement," Design Automation Conference, 2001, paper 45.3
- P. H. Madden, "Reporting of Standard Cell Placement Results," Proc. Int.l Symp. on Physical Design, 2001, pp. 30--35.
- M. C. Yildiz and P. H. Madden, "Preferred Direction Steiner Trees," Proc. GLSVLSI2001, 2001, pp. 56--61
- M. C. Yildiz and P. H. Madden, "Global Objectives for Standard Cell Placement," Proc. GLSVLSI2001, 2001, pp. 68--72
- Meng, W. and Wu, Z. "Text Database Selection in Metasearch Engines," Journal of Computer Research and Development: Special Issue on Web Data Management Techniques. Vol.38, No.4, April 2001, pp.396-404.
- Wu, Z., Meng, W., Yu, C. and Li, Z. "Towards a Highly-Scalable and Effective Metasearch Engine," Proc. of Tenth International World Wide Web Conference (WWW10), Hong Kong, May 2001, pp.386-395.
- Yu, C., Meng, W., Wu, W. and Liu, K. "Efficient and Effective Metasearch for Text Databases Incorporating Linkages among Documents," ACM SIGMOD Conference, Santa Barbara, May 2001, pp.187-198.
- Yu, C., Sharma, P., Meng, W. and Qin, Y. "Database Selection for Processing k Nearest Neighbors Queries in Distributed Environments," First ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, Roanoke, VA, June 2001, pp.215-222.
- Meng, W., Wu, Z., Yu, C. and Li, Z. "A Highly Scalable and Effective Method for Metasearch," ACM Transactions on Information Systems, Vol.~19, No.~3, pp.~310-335, July 2001.
- K. Liu, C. Yu, W. Meng, A. Santoso, and C. Zhang."Discovering the Representative of a Search Engine," Tenth ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM.01), Atlanta, Georgia, November 2001, pp.577-579 (poster paper).
- L.Yin and A.Basu, "Nose shape estimation and tracking for model-based coding," IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, Signal Processing (ICASSP.2001), Salt Lake City, Utah, May, 2001. pp1477-1480,
- L.Yin, A.Basu, S.Bernogger and A.Pinz, "Synthesizing a realistic facial animation using energy minimization for model based coding," Pattern Recognition, Vol.34, No.11, Nov. 2001, Elsevier Science, pp2201-2213.
- L.Yin and A.Basu, "Generating realistic facial expressions with wrinkles for model-based coding," Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol. 84, No.2, Nov. 2001. Academic Press. pp201-240
- Z.Zhongfei,R.Knudson, R.Weinstock, and S.Meyer, "A Web-Based Multimedia Diabetes Mellitus Education Tool for School Nurses," Proc. The 14th IEEE Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, IEEE Computer Society Press, Bethesda, MD, USA, July, 2001, 146 - 151
- Z.Zhang, A.Krol, and G.Pu, "IBMAS: An Internet-Based Medical Archive System," Proc. The 14th IEEE Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, IEEE Computer Society Press, Bethesda, MD, USA, July, 2001, 541 - 546