Forms, Links, and FAQs


 Academic Dishonesty (pdf, 24.5kb)

For reporting a violation of the Academic Dishonesty Code.

Course and Instructor Evaluation 

Evaluation form used upon completion of a HWS course.

Course Petition (pdf, 36.9kb)

Petition required when registering for a restricted Health and Wellness course.

DARS/Degree Works Exception (pdf, 339kb)

Students wishing to receive credit for completed courses to fulfill the HWS minor requirements that were taken outside the HWS department.

Health and Wellness Minor Application (pdf, 37.1kb)

Students wishing to minor in Health and Wellness studies must complete an application and return it into the West Gymnasium, Main Office.

Independent Study, Internship, or Teaching Assistantship (pdf, 433.4kb)

Form for independent study, internship, or TA (requires instructor signature) 

Informed Consent (pdf, 301.6kb)

Waiver form needed for participation in any HWS activity class.

Medical History (pdf, 437.4kb)

Background form needed for participation in any HWS activity class.

Plan of Study

Planning sheet for students accepted into the minor.

Pool Reservation

Internal and student organizations wishing to reserve the West Gym pool must submit the request a minimum of two weeks prior to the event.

Transportation Waiver (pdf, 331 kb)

Used for off-campus, class related outings.

Volunteer Form (doc., 180kb)

Teaching Assistants must complete a volunteer form.

back to top



NourishU is more than just a brand on campus - it is a way of life and step in the right direction leading the initiative that Binghamton University is making towards helping it's students live a healthier lifestyle. Headed by our campus Dietitian, Alexa Schmidt, NourishU works to bring events and awareness programs to campus with the ultimate goal of improving the health and wellness of its students. A healthier you is a happier you and today can be your first step in that direction!

Eating Awareness Committee

The EAC's mission is to provide education, outreach and resources to both campus and community as it relates to body image, eating disorders, nutrition, and fitness.


  • Get your personalized nutrition and physical activity plan.
  • Track your foods and physical activities to see how they stack up.
  • Get tips and support to help you make healthier choices and plan ahead.

back to top

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where are the HWS classes held?

A: The Department of Health and Wellness Studies offers a wide array of classes that take place both indoor and outdoor. Many of our courses are held in the West Gymansium, but always be sure to check your schedule and/or course syllabus for the exact location.

Q: Where are the instructor offices located?

A: Our instructor offices are located in the West Gymnasium which is adjacent to the Events Center and on your right as you enter the campus.

Q: I tried to register for a course, but the course is restricted. What do I do?

A:  Always review the course description to be sure you meet the minimum requirements for the course. If you do meet the requirements, please e-mail the instructor and explain the situation. Be sure to include as many details as possible (i.e., B number, contact information, etc.) 

Q: What is the $30 HWS Fee?

A:   The $30 non-refundable HWS fee is charged to all courses with an activity component. Students taking an activity based course are encouraged to utilize the locker/towel service provided in the West Gymnasium.

Q: I am registered for more than one (1) activity course in the same semester - will I be charged more than one (1) $30 activity fee?

A:  No, you will only be charged one (1) $30 activity fee per semester.

Q: I need an activity class in order to graduate this semester, but the classes are full. Can I petition into the class?

A:  Depending on your situation, you may be able to petition into the class. The best way to petition into a class after the class is full is to show up on the first day of class and speak directly with the instructor. 

Q: I am in the HWS minor and previously completed a course outside the Department of Health and Wellness Studies. I would like the course to count toward my minor requirements. Is this possible and if so, what do I need to do?

A: Please complete the DARS exception form, attach the syllabus or course descriptiion, and return it to the West Gym Main Office. Processing time is approximately 2 weeks from the date received.

 Have a question that is not already answered above? Click here.

back to top

Last Updated: 7/20/15