Department of Health and Wellness Studies
The Department of Health and Wellness Studies faculty at Binghamton University are strongly committed to teaching the practical skills and behaviors of healthy living with firm cognitive underpinnings. Our unique role on campus is to engage all students in the development of personal tools important for life-long wellness: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social, and environmental.
Our Mission is to:
- Stay sensitive to the diversity of culture, knowledge base, and physical ability in our student population;
- Cultivate a comfortable, yet challenging learning environment in each class;
- Offer sound guidance through the maze of conflicting comtemporary fitness and health information;
- Model positive attitudes and help students overcome fears and misconceptions;
- Inspire students to discover and continue to practice enjoyable and effective activities;
- Stimulate students to become practice regarding their own health and wellness.
When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot become manifest, strength cannot be exerted, wealth becomes useless, and reason is powerless.
Herphilus, 300 B.C.
Director of Health and Wellness Studieslhrehor@binghamton.edu