Frequently Asked Questions for ACCELERATED STUDENTS
We have created this FAQ section for students interested in our accelerated program in electrical and computer engineering. Feel free to browse through them, and if you don't find the answer to your question, contact us.
- Which courses should an Accelerated student take in their senior year?
- I am a senior in the Accelerated Program. How do I apply to the graduate school?
- I am an Accelerated senior. I have submitted by application to the Graduate School. How do I pay my application fee and what else do I need to know?
- Why did I receive an e-mail from the Graduate School about a $100 deposit for enrollment?
- I am an ECE junior and I would like to apply for the Accelerated Program. What should I do?
- I am an accelerated student who has recently been accepted into the Graduate School. Registration is open but it won't let me register. What should I do?
- I am an accelerated undergraduate student ready to register for graduate classes. Which technical electives are preapproved to be counted toward my bachelors degree as well as my masters degree?
The tuition deposit tells the Graduate School you are planning to come. It will go toward your tuition in the fall.
If you need to have your tuition deposit waived, but before the deposit can be waived:
You must first receive your bachelor’s degree. When you see it recorded on your transcript via BUBrain, please send us an email informing us. We can waive the deposit AFTER your degree is awarded.
As an active student, the system recognizes you as eligible for early registration, however, if you register before your bachelor’s degree is awarded and the deposit has not been waived (or paid), the registered classes will appear as undergraduate courses. You cannot be registered for your Fall classes until AFTER your bachelor’s degree has been awarded and the tuition deposit is waived (or paid). Again, when your bachelor’s degree is recorded on your transcript, please send us an email, and we will waive the deposit at that time, and you can then register for Fall. If you need to have your deposit waived but would like to be registered for your graduate courses, e-mail the CRNs, course names and numbers to the department secretary. She can register you.
Fill out the "Application for Accelerated BS/MS Engineering" form. This form can be found here.
Two signatures of ECE professors who are recommending you are required on the form if your GPA is below 3.5.