PhD (1971), Columbia University
Labor and Urban Economcis, Economic Theory, Evolutionary Economics
- "MHC-Mediated Benefits of Trade: A Biomolecular Approach to Cooperation in the Marketplace," in K. Sterelny, R. Joyce, B. Calcott and B. Fraser (eds.). Cooperation and Its Evolution. pp. 175-194, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA (forthcoming, 2013).
- Second Nature: Economic Origins of Human Evolution, (a book) published by Cambridge University Press, 2001.
- "Labor Mobility and the Formation of Gender Wage Gaps in Local Markets," (with Yesook Merrill) Economic Inquiry, 35:1, pp. 28-47 (January 1997).
- "Interrupted Work Careers: Depreciation and Restoration of Human Capital," (with J. Mincer) Journal of Human Resources, 17:1, pp. 1-24 (Winter 1982).
- "Is Perfect Competition an Empirically Inadequate Model?" Economic Inguiry, 20:1, pp. 21-39 (January 1982).
- "The Value of Time in Consumption and Residential Location in an Urban Setting," (with Oded Hochman) American Economic Review, 67:5, pp. 996-1003 (December 1977).