University Distinguished Professor
PhD (1973), Columbia University
Labor economics, Human capital and income distribution, Econometrics
- The Economics of Earnings, (with W. Stanley Siebert) Cambridge University Press, 1993, 367pp. Portions of Chapter 6 ("Gender in the Labour Market") reprinted in:
D Grusky (ed.) Social Stratification: Class, Race, and Gender in Sociological Perspective, 2nd Edition. Boulder: Westview Press (2001)
- "Family Investments in Human Capital: Earnings of Women," (with Jacob Mincer) Journal of Political Economy (March/April 1974).
- Family Economics: Marriage. Human Capital, and Fertility, T.W. Schultz (ed.), Chicago: University of Chicago Press for the National Bureau of Economic Research (1974)
- The Economics of Women and Work, Alice Amsden, (ed.) New York: St. Martins Press (1980)
- Studies in Human Capital Edward Elgar Press, (1993)
- Gender and Economics, J. Humphries (ed.), Edward Elgar Press (1995)
- The Economics of the Family, Nancy Folbre (ed.) Edward Elgar Press, forthcoming.
- "Employee Labor Market Information: Comparing Direct World of Work Measures of Workers' Knowledge to Stochastic Frontier Estimates," (with John Robst) Labour Economics 5, pp.231-242 (1998).
- "Panel Estimates of the Gender Earnings Gap: Individual Specific Intercept and Individual Specific Slope Models," (with M. Kim), Journal of Econometrics, 61 pp.23-42 (1994).
- "Differences in Expected Post-School Investment as a Determinant of Market Wage Differentials," International Economic Review (June 1975).
- Women, Minorities. and Discrimination in Employment, Phyllis Wallace (ed.), Massachusetts, Toronto, and London: Lexington Books, D.C. Heath and Co. (1977).