Chemical Sharing Database
As part of the Binghamton University Waste Minimization Program, the Office of Environmental Health and Safety is facilitating a Chemical Sharing Program. Using this page, you can share your unwanted but still usable chemicals with another lab at Binghamton University. Fill out the information below and begin sharing.
- The chemicals must be pure, in their original reagent container.
- The chemicals must not be expired.
- The chemicals must be stable.
- If the container has been opened, the container must be resealable. The container MUST be able to be safely transported across campus.
- All chemical transactions MUST occur between faculty / staff members. Please ensure that Faculty / Staff members are in direct contact, and that graduate students are used as couriers only. Students, Graduate or Undergraduate, are not permitted to accept responsibility for chemicals at BU, and therefore are not able to commit to chemical transactions.
- It is the faculty / staff member's responsibility to educate any students or receiving party about the hazards associated with the chemical, and measures which must be taken to ensure safe transport from one lab to another.
- The Principal Investigator of the receiving Lab will assume all responsibility of possessing the chemical.
BY USING THIS DATABASE, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE RULES LISTED ABOVE