Find out more about the ELP!
Why participate in the ELP?
The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) offers first-semester freshmen and transfer students a unique way to learn about leadership and engage with the Binghamton University community. Through the ELP, you have the opportunity to get a jump-start on learning about and taking advantage of the varied leadership experiences at your fingertips. Many past ELP participants have gone on to hold leadership roles in a variety of settings within the Binghamton University community.
- connect to Binghamton University and community resources
- explore personal strengths and learn how to apply them at Binghamton University and beyond
- learn about, develop and utilize effective leadership skills including oral communication, problem-solving, interpersonal and group dynamics
- work side-by-side with other new students, peer mentors and faculty/staff advisors who are interested in leadership AND new students' successful transition to Binghamton University
- have an impact on their community through development and implementation of a service learning project
- earn a leadership certificate for completion of the program
It is not required that ELP student participants have held a prior leadership position . . . a desire to learn about leadership and to take initiative for your personal growth and development is key!
Last Updated: 2/7/13