BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY MILT KESSLER POETRY BOOK AWARD GUIDELINES
Sponsored by the Binghamton Center for Writers-State University of New York
with support from the Office of the Dean of Binghamton University's Harpur College of the Arts & Sciences
$1,000 Award for a book of poems written in English, 48 pages or more in length, selected by our judges as the strongest collection of poems published in 2013.
- Each book submitted must be accompanied by an application form.
- Publisher may submit more than one book for prize consideration.
- Three copies of each book should be sent to:
- Maria Mazziotti Gillan, Director
Creative Writing Program
Department of English, General Literature, and Rhetoric
Library North Room 1149
Vestal Parkway East
- Books should be original work, not translations.
- Books entered in the competition will be donated to the contemporary literature collection at the Binghamton University Library and to the Broome County Library.
- Books must be received in the English Department by March 1, 2014 to be considered for the prize.
- Books cannot be returned.
- For a list of winners, include a stamped, self-addressed envelope labeled:
- “Binghamton University Poetry Book Award.”
- Winners will be announced in Poets & Writers.
Click here for an application