Binghamton is the premier public university of the Northeast and a preeminent doctoral research university. The goal of this Web presence is to create and sustain a website that shows it.
Binghamton.edu has aspired to leap ahead with leading edge Web design and usability best practices. In addition, our website must express our strengths and points of distinction while guiding visitors toward the information they're looking for.
Specifically, we have created and will sustain:
1. A site that serves the University’s primary audiences: prospective students, their influencers and supporters of the University. Note that when primary audience needs are met, most needs of internal audiences are also met.
2. A site that leverages best-in-class design, using contemporary technologies and best practices in user interface development.
3. A site that employs intuitive, user-centered navigation that is clear and consistent throughout.
4. A site with improved usability, and one that meets state guidelines for accessibility. This site has valid HTML, XHTML and CSS, passes New York state web accessibility validation, and Section 508 (29 U.S.C. ‘ 794d) of the Federal Rehabilitation Act.
5. A site powered by a content management system that greatly enhances the productivity of campus content providers, while helping to ensure integrity, over time, in a decentralized Web publishing environment.
We continually review and update the website to better server our constituencies. For more information or to express your interest in enhancing your University website, contact University Web Director Drew Hill.
Last Updated: 7/26/11