EDUCATIONAL POLICY AND PRIORITIES COMMITTEE
The Educational Policy and Priorities Committee met several times during 1999-2000. The Committee
began a series of steps, through the Chair, to examine a number of issues while it also dealt with issues
directed to it by the Executive Committee.
The EPPC addressed the following issues:
1. In the fall, the question of the mandated Core Curriculum, in cooperation with the
Undergraduate Curriculum Committee and the Executive Committee.
2. The Committee considered the issue of changes in the Audit requirements, after they had been
put in place by the Administration, instituted without EPPC consultation.
The EPPC considered the following issues for action at some time in the academic year 2000-01. The
basic work was begun in the summer of 2000 by the Chair 1999-2000.
3. The academic issues surrounding the move to Division I athletics, particularly issues of grades
and course choices.
4. The question of academic supports for "student athletes" and the degree to which they were
5. The question of Undergraduate TA's and their relationship to the students with whom they
work. The Committee proposed building from the Harpur College proposals to develop an all-University
set of guidelines.
For the Committee,
H. Stephen Straight
Provost Mary Ann Swain