Education: PhD, Kent State University, 1996
- GIS Theory
- Retail Geography
- Site Analysis
- Race & Ethnicity in the U.S. and Africa
- Ethnic issues involving Blacks and Latinos
- Recent Projects/Research Undertaken:
- The Informal Retail Trade in Accra, Ghana
- Examining Latino Migration to Tri-County Area, PA
- Organization of a Joint Committee for Race & Ethnicity Conference, 2004
- Race and Place: Equity Issues in Urban America. (with J. W. Frazier and F.M. Margai), Westview Press, 2003.
- Three book chapters in Multicultural Geographies: The Changing Racial/Ethnic Patterns of the United States. J.W. Frazier and F.M. Margai, editors, GAP, 2003.
- "An Analysis of Mini-market Sites and Pricing in Areas of Minority Concentrations". Papers and Proceedings of the Applied Geography Conferences, Vol. 26, 2003, pp 61-66.
- "A Preliminary Examination of Retail Form, Structure, and Pattern in 21st Century Accra, Ghana." submitted December 2002 to Urban Geography. Positive reviews requiring revisions received September 29, 2003 (under revision).
- "Emergency Relief Supply using Location-Allocation Modeling: A GIS Approach" Research in Contemporary and Applied Geography: A Discussion Series, Vol XXII, No. 3, pp. 1-26, 1998.