Peter L.K. Knuepfer
Associate Professor of Geological Sciences
Director, Environmental Studies Program
PhD (1984) University of Arizona
Science 1, Rm. 161
To see my personal webpage go to:
- Glacial Geology
- Buboltz, Amanda A., and Knuepfer, Peter L.K., 2007, Pleistocene Glaciation of the Tioughnioga River and Fall Creek Valleys, in McRoberts, Christopher, ed., Field Trip Guide for the 79th Annual Meeting of the New York State Geological Association.
- Rayburn, J.A., Franzi, D.A., and Knuepfer, P.L.K., 2007, Evidence from the Lake Champlain Valley for a later onset of the Champlain Sea and implications for late glacial meltwater routing to the North Atlantic: Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, v. 246 p. 62-74.
- Fleisher, P. Jay, Knuepfer, Peter L.K., and Butler, David R., 2006, Introduction to the special issue: Ice sheet geomorphology: Geomorphology, v. 75, p. 1-3.
- Rimando, Rolly E., and Knuepfer, Peter L.K., 2006, Neotectonics of the Marikina Valley fault system (MVFS) and tectonic framework of structures in northern and central Luzon: Tectonophysics, v. 415, p. 17-38.
- Rayburn, J.A., Knuepfer, P.L.K., and Franzi, D.A., 2005, A series of large late Wisconsinan meltwater floods through the Champlain and Hudson valleys, New York: Quaternary Science Reviews, v.24, p. 2410-2419.
- Hsieh, Meng-Long, and Knuepfer, Peter L.K., 2002, Synchroneity and morphology of Holocene river terraces in the Southwestern Foothills, Taiwan: A guide to interpreting and correlating erosional river terraces across growing anticlines, in Byrne, T.B., and Liu, C.-S., eds., Geology and Geophysics of an Arc-Continent Collision, Taiwan: Geological Society of America Special Paper 358, p. 59-78.
- Knuepfer, P.L.K., and Petersen, James F., 2002, Introduction; Geomorphology in the public eye: policy issues, education, and the public: Geomorphology, v. 47, p. 95-105.
- Pazzaglia, Frank J., and Knuepfer, Peter L.K., 2001, Steady-state orogens; Preface: American Journal of Science, v. 301, p. ix-xi.
- Hsieh, Meng-Long, and Knuepfer, Peter L.K., 2001, Middle-Late Holocene river terraces in the Erhjen River basin, southwestern Taiwan-implications of river response to climate change and active tectonic uplift: Geomorphology, v. 38, p. 337-372.
- Knuepfer, Peter L.K., and Hensler, Stephen M., 2000, Proglacial lakes, southern Cayuga and Seneca valleys, in Field Guide, 2000 Meeting of the New York State Geological Association.
- Hemphill-Haley, Mark A., Thomas L. Sawyer, Peter L. K. Knuepfer, Steven L. Forman, and Ivan G. Wong, 2000, Timing of faulting events from thermoluminescence dating of scarp-related deposits, Lemhi fault, southeastern Idaho, in Noller, Jay Stratton, Janet M. Sowers, and William R. Lettis, eds., Quaternary Geochronology: Methods and Applications: American Geophysical Union, AGU Reference Shelf 4, p. 541-548.
Questions or comments: