Spring 1999 Seminar Schedule
- Jan. 29, Tim McCoy (Smithsonian Institution)
"Igneous processes in meteorites: the case of a partially melted asteroid"
- Feb. 5, Richard Almendinger(Cornell Univ.)
"Blind thrusts and fault propagation folds: new insights from trishear numerical modeling"
- Feb. 12, Janok Bhattacharya(Univ. of Texas at Dallas)
"New models for wave-influenced deltas"
- Feb. 26, Robert Tye(ARCO Exploration & Production Technology)
"Permeability trends in distributary mouth bar sandstones: insights from a horizontal core" and "Integrated stratigraphic analysis of a transgressive systems tract, San Joachim Basin, California"
- Mar. 5, Whitney Autin(SUNY Brockport)
"Stratigraphic evolution of Quaternary fluvial systems: concepts and examples from the Gulf Coastal Plain and Lower Mississippi Valley"
- Mar. 26, Rudy Slingerland(Pennsylvania State Univ.)
"Building mountains by erosion"
- Apr. 9, Thure Cerling(Univ. of Utah)
"Global change straight from the horse's mouth"
- Apr. 16, Chris Paola(Univ. of Minnesota)
"The making of Jurassic Tank: a new facility for experimental stratigraphy"
- Apr. 23, Peter Ashmore(Univ. of Western Ontario)
"Morphological change and bed material transport rates in braided rivers"
- Apr. 30, Mary Droser(Univ. of California, Riverside)
"Evaluating the ecological architecture of major events in the history of marine invertebrate life"
- May 7, Gail Ashley(Rutgers Univ.)
"Paleoenvironment of early hominids, Early Pleistocene, Olduvai Gorge, Tanzania"
Last Updated: 6/20/12