Since our founding, Binghamton University has had only seven presidents, each of whom came with big ideas and a bold vision for shaping a premier institution that would have a major impact on the region, the state, the nation and the world. Each new leader’s ambitions resulted in innovative programs, additional national research funding and world-class faculty members, exceptional facilities, new technologies, and an influx of increasingly more talented students from a greater variety of backgrounds.
The common thread among past and current leaders lives as well in our brilliant students, all of whom we believe differ from students at other universities. More ambitious. More committed. More aware of the value and outcomes associated with a tenacious work ethic.
And that’s why now is the time to support Binghamton University. Because our society desperately needs the kind of leaders a Binghamton education produces. Because meteoric growth and visionary ambition require significant investment. Because private philanthropy gives us the leverage to compete successfully for top students and brilliant faculty.
Now is the time to give because Binghamton University alumni — many of whose career trajectories have mirrored Binghamton’s — deserve an alma mater widely recognized as one of the nation’s best public research institutions.
Fast Facts and Points of Pride
- Undergraduates: 11,515
- Graduate students: 2,920
- Average SAT score range: 1190–1340
- Average ACT score range: 26–31
- Top 25% of high school class: 84%
- In the past 10 years, 91–93% of freshmen returned for their sophomore year
- Students come from all 50 states and 100 countries
- The Fiske Guide to Colleges (2009) ranks Binghamton the “premier public university in the Northeast.”
- Binghamton is one of a handful of “public ivies” (Greene’s Guide, 2008) offering rigorous academics, small classes and world-class faculty at a public university price.
- Binghamton’s School of Management is rated 15th best public business school in the nation by BusinessWeek.
- Our faculty includes a Pulitzer Prize winner, a National Book Award winner and numerous Fulbright, Ford and Guggenheim scholars.
Help us extend our reach and continue our trajectory. Your financial support will ensure that Binghamton University serves society by delivering meaningful solutions and enlightened leaders.Read More