At Binghamton University, the energy generated between students and faculty members — teachers and learners, researchers and student partners — is almost palpable. Teaching and research are inextricably linked, creating a dynamic environment that fosters critical thinking, leadership skills and creative problem-solving.
Through a high-quality liberal arts education, the spirit of Harpur College is instilled in every Binghamton student regardless of major. It creates great communicators who view even the most technical challenges from different perspectives and fosters a synergy between teaching and research unheard of at most public universities. It inspires a culture of collaboration and excellence and secures Binghamton University’s place among the top 50 public institutions in the country.
All of our students are strengthened by our liberal arts values, and every college and school harnesses them to reach greater levels of excellence in their programs and to achieve remarkable goals.
- Nursing students travel to underserved rural populations to conduct screenings and raise awareness about health issues.
- The Graduate School of Education’s innovative educational leadership program is meeting a critical need for visionary K–12 administrators and leaders.
- Engineers and scientists receive national funding for studies ranging from sustainable energy sources to climate change.
- School of Management students are solving real-world business challenges.
- The College of Community and Public Affairs is on track to become a national model for strengthening cities and communities.
Dr. Anna Tan-Wilson
“Our students are so excited and so interested, and many enter top doctoral programs after graduation. I love my job and can’t imagine being anywhere else.”Read More