How to Apply: Accelerated Degree Program
Open to Current Binghamton University Undergraduate Students Only
Declare your intent to apply.
During your sophomore or junior year, submit a "declaration of intent to apply" form to your chosen accelerated or combined bachelor's/master's degree program. The process varies from program to program, so check the department website for specific requirements. Your department will review the application and respond to you directly.
Gather required admission materials.
During your senior year (88+ credits), you must formally apply and be admitted to The Graduate School.
- Fill out the accelerated degree program graduate application (PDF).
- Gather all additional required application materials. Include your B# on every document.
- Check with your department to find out if there are any special requirements for accelerated degree applicants.
- Note on Letters of Recommendation. Your recommenders may submit their letters in one of two ways: 1) Give you the recommendation in a sealed and signed envelope, which you will deliver unopened to The Graduate School. 2) Send the recommendation, in a sealed and signed envelope, directly to The Graduate School.
- Make sure to check your program's application deadline and submit all materials—including your application fee—by the date listed. We recommend that you begin the application process at least a month before your department's deadline.
Submit your application to The Graduate School.
You may submit your application in one of three ways:
- E-mail. E-mail your application and all supporting materials to The Graduate School at email@example.com.
- Use the subject line "Accelerated Degree Graduate Application"
- Please include your name and B# in the body of your e-mail
- Include application and admission materials as attachments. PDF is the preferred file format.
- Letters of recommendation must be delivered separately in hard copy (see step 2, above)
- Hand deliver. Bring all your application and all application materials in one packet to The Graduate School office (Couper Administration, AD 134)
- Mail. Mail your application and all supporting materials to The Graduate School at Binghamton University / State University of New York / PO Box 6000 / Binghamton, NY 13902-6000
A day after The Graduate School receives your application, you will be able to pay your application fee. Using your Binghamton University PODS User ID and password, log in to pay.
The Graduate School only reviews applications for which the non-refundable application fee was successfully paid. Pay online with a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card; your credit card billing serves as a receipt.
We only grant fee waivers to McNair, EOP, HEOP, SEEK, Project 1000 or LSAMP undergraduate students. If eligible, complete the Application Fee Waiver form and submit a certified form or official letter from your current undergraduate institution verifying this status.
Submit official test scores electronically.
Submit official test scores electronically. Binghamton University's code is 2535. Consult the admission requirements page to see what test scores are required.
- Most programs require the GRE
- Some require or accept the GMAT in lieu of the GRE
Receive your admission decision.
We will notify you via e-mail and mail shortly after making an admission decision.