Chesla Ann Bohinski
Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Education
PhD, Spanish – Applied Linguistics Concentration, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
MA, Spanish, Millersville University, Millersville, PA
BBA, Finance Concentration with additional programs in International Business and Spanish,
Marywood University, Scranton, PA
Courses regularly taught
Philosophical & Theoretical Foundations in the Pedagogy of Romance Languages
- Curriculum & Teaching in Romance Languages
Current Research Interests
Second language (L2) vocabulary acquisition
Use of technology in the L2 classroom
Non-traditional L2 learner in the sociocultural context
The portrait of a word: The use of mental and visual images in the acquisition of form, meaning, and use of Spanish concrete nouns.
Dr. Bohinski is Conference Chair of Binghamton University’s 1st Annual Conference
on Foreign Language Teaching taking place on Saturday, September 28, 2013.
See - www.binghamton.edu/romance/language-conference for more information.
- Bohinski, C.A., Feit, R. and Konovaliouk, V. (2013). To Digitalize or Not to Digitalize: That is the Question. Presented at 2013 SUNY Language PACT, April 5, 2013, New York City, NY, USA.
- Bohinski, C.A. (2013). Mental and visual images: Links between L2 vocabulary acquisition and learner autonomy. Accepted at 2013 Northeast Modern Language Association Conference, March 22, 2013, Boston, MA, USA.
- Bohinski, C.A. (2013). Mental and visuals images: Bringing L2 vocabulary acquisition into focus. Presented at 2013 American Association for Applied Linguistics Conference, March 16, 2013, Dallas, TX, USA.
- Bohinski, C.A. (2012). Mental and visual images: Links to L2 vocabulary acquisition. Presented at 2012 Second Language Research Forum, October 21, 2012, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Bohinski, C.A. (2011). The portrait of a word: Acquisition of L2 vocabulary. Presented at 2011 Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) Spring Methodology Conference on Foreign Language Teaching, April 29, 2011, Blairsville, PA, USA
- Bohinski, C.A. (2011). The portrait of a word: The use of mental and visual images in the acquisition of Spanish concrete nouns.
- Presented at 2011 American Association for Applied Linguistics Conference, March 26-29, 2011, Chicago, IL, USA
- Moranski, K., Bohinski, C.A. and Toth, P. (2010). Non-traditional learners and their agentive roles in the L2 classroom. Presented at 2010 Sociocultural Theory and Second Language Learning Research Working Group Conference, October 21-23, 2010, Columbia University, New York City, New York, USA.
- Moranski, K., Bohinski, C.A., and Toth, P. (2010). A non-traditional look at the adult learner: Deconstruction through "co-construction" of grammar rules. Presented at 2010 Second Language Research Forum, October 14-17, 2010, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA.• Bohinski, C.A. and Feit, R. (2013). Ignite the Language Fire in Students K-12. Presented at 2013 SUNY Language PACT, April 5, 2013, New York City, NY, USA.