Professor Emeritus, Special Education
- PhD, Special education, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- MA, Special education, University of Connecticut
- BS, Physical therapy, University of Connecticut
Courses regularly taught
- Educating students with developmental/severe disabilities
- Collaboration with families and staff
- Internship in special education
Current Research Interests
- Educational teams
- Educating students with severe disabilities
- Rainforth, B. (2010, 2005). Inquiry Brief: Teacher Education Program at Binghamton University. Report on self-study leading to Accreditation by Teacher Education Accreditation Council.
- Rainforth, B. & Kugelmass, J. (Eds.) (2003). Curriculum and instruction for all learners: Blending systematic and constructivist approaches in inclusive elementary schools. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Rainforth, B. & York-Barr, J. (1997). Collaborative teams for students with severe disabilities: Integrating therapy and educational services. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Rainforth, B. (1997). Analysis of physical therapy practice acts: Implications for role release in educational settings. Pediatric Physical Therapy, 9(2), 54-61.
- Distinguished Teaching Professor, 2008
- University and Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence in Teaching, 2005-06