Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education, is committed to recognizing excellence and fostering mutual cooperation, support and professional growth for educational professionals. KDP members make up the top 10 percent of those entering the field of education, and include award-winning and outstanding practicing educators. Binghamton University's chapter, Alpha Gamma Chi, was chartered on December 2, 2006.
Membership in our chapter is earned by meeting several criteria:
Requirements for acceptance to the Alpha Gamma Chi chapter are as follows:
1. Accepted into the Binghamton University School of Education;
2. Completed eight (8) or more credit hours of education course work;
3. Have at least twelve (12) hours of professional education courses programmed, in
progress, or completed;
4. Have a cumulative grade-point average on all graduate work undertaken of at least 3.5;
5. Potential or achieved educational leadership;
6. Exemplification of worth educational ideals; and
7. Commitment to participate in at least one chapter meeting or activity (a service,
fundraising, or networking event) during each full semester as a student member.
Forms to download:
Our Binghamton University KDP Chapter officers for 2012-13 are:
Jiangyuan Zhou (President)
Anthony Paniccia (Vice - President)
William Wilson (Treasurer)
Jennifer Jones (Secretary)
ANNOUNCEMENT - Invitation to Join KDP!
Dear GSE students:
You are cordially invited to apply for membership in our Graduate School of Education honor society, Kappa Delta Pi. The fall initiation ceremony is scheduled for Sunday, April 21 2013 from 10:30 until noon here in Academic B. Many of you have already met the criteria needed to join this international educational organization.
Please fill out the application and return it by April 15, 2013. You can learn more about KDP by visiting our webpage at http://www2.binghamton.edu/gse/current-students/kappa.html. If you have any questions, please contact the chapter counselor, Jackie Visser, email@example.com.
Last Updated: 3/19/13