- Confidential HIV testing is available by appointment; call the Decker Student Health Services Center at 607-777-2221 and ask to make appointment with a nurse for HIV testing.
- There is a fee for the laboratory services associated with HIV testing; center staff can inform you of the current fee.
- New York state requires that certain information be given to you in a pre-test counseling session and that you receive your results in a post-test counseling session.
- Pre-test appointments are 45 minutes long and include the blood test if you decide to proceed.
- Additional protections for your privacy can be detailed during your pre-test appointment.
- The post-test appointment is typically 15 minutes long and is made for you at the time of the pre-test session.
- Results are given ONLY in person at the post-test appointment; we NEVER discuss results over the telephone.
- The Broome County Health Department in downtown Binghamton also offers anonymous, free HIV and STI testing and counseling services. Contact them at 607-778-2839 or 1-800-562-9423 for an appointment.
Last Updated: 3/22/11