ARRANGE YOUR HOUSING
Arriving at Binghamton
To Live Off Campus
ARRIVING AT BINGHAMTON
As a new international student at Binghamton University, you are expected to arrive at Binghamton University by Wednesday, January 23, 2013, the program start date on your SEVIS I-20 or DS-2019 (Tuesday, January 22, 2013 for exchange students).
We recommend that you bring a sheet, pillowcase, pillow, warm blanket, and towel with you for your first few days. Additional bedding may be purchased after your arrival.
TO LIVE OFF CAMPUS
If you are planning to live off campus, we advise you to arrive prior to January 23 (January 22 for exchange students) in order to locate housing. You need to locate your own housing off campus. Binghamton University does not have housing for graduate students.
Many of you will need to depend on public transportation to travel to campus and return home. Be sure the apartment you are considering is near the bus routes that serve Binghamton University campus.
The following resources will be able to provide you with information:
Bus routes serving Binghamton University: http://www2.binghamton.edu/occ/transport.html
Binghamton University Off-Campus College Office: http://occ.binghamton.edu/housing
- The OCC Housing List and the OCC Housemate / Subletter List are provided to students as a service by the OCC Office. There are also several apartment complexes in the area. University employees do not inspect, approve, or supervise the premises described, nor does the University become party to housemate/ subletter/ landlord/ tenant matters. OCC does not find housing for students.
Binghamton Area Newspaper - Press & Sun Bulletin: http://www.pressconnects.com
- Lists apartments that are available for rent.
Student Cultural Associations:
- Student Cultural Associations may be able to give you information about housing available in the Greater Binghamton area. It is generally up to you to find your own housing. Some associations are able to offer assistance.
Area Hotels and Motels:
- This link will provide you with the contact information for area hotels and motels. You will want to arrange a reservation for a room before you arrive in Binghamton to ensure that you have a place to stay.
- Be sure to ask hotel or motel staff about access to public transportation to campus or if you would need to take a cab to go to campus and return. Not all hotels are on the bus routes.