Food & Drink Policy
Please help keep the Libraries clean for other library users by disposing of waste in the trash and recycling receptacles located throughout the Libraries and reporting accidental spills to library staff. Make a clean & pleasant library environment your responsibility. We appreciate your cooperationFood
- Food is not allowed in the University Libraries. However, food is permitted in the Bartle Library Newcomb Reading Room (near the coffee kiosk).
- Food and drink is not permitted in the Bartle Library Instruction Lab which is located within the Newcomb Reading Room.
- Drinks must be in covered containers.
- Please use caution near library computer terminals and other electronic equipment.
Leave No Trace.
The Libraries used the Leave No Trace principles of outdoor ethics to develop its food and drink policy.*
- Plan ahead and prepare. Plan to eat your meals before you come to the library. Bring drinks in covered containers.
- Dispose of waste properly. Make sure to place recyclables in recycling bins and non-recyclable garbage in trash cans.
- Leave it how you found it. Leave library materials, furnishings, and equipment/computers as you found them, or in better condition than you found them.
- Be considerate of others. Respect the next library user and the next generation of library users.
Goals of the Leave No Trace food and drink policy
- Respect for other library users, library staff, and custodial staff
- Ensure the comfort, health and safety of all library users
- Preserve and protect our library collections and furnishings, equipment & computers from damage and from pests and harmful molds.
- Use library funds to purchase new library materials and equipment rather than using the funds to replace materials and equipment damaged by food and drink.
Help us ensure that the new food & drink policy is a success.