Binghamton University Philanthropy Incubator Awards $20,000
BINGHAMTON, NY – The Binghamton University Philanthropy Incubator announced this year’s grant recipients.
This year the Incubator has awarded over $20,000 to the following local nonprofit agencies:
· Handicapped Children’s Association, $5,000
· Family Enrichment Network, $5,500
· Boys and Girls Club of Binghamton, $1,500
· Center for Discovery, Harris, NY, $1,500
· Broome County YMCA, $2,500
· Broome Council of Churches, $3,000
· Mental Health Association of the Southern Tier, $1,000
Agencies were selected for funding based upon student research and were expected to meet various qualifications for the grant. This semester, students worked diligently to focus on key initiatives centered on the Incubator’s mission, strategy, revenue generation and organizational structure.
The Philanthropy Incubator, which is funded by The Sunshine Lady Foundation, The Harriet Ford Dickenson Fund at the Community Foundation for South Central, New York, student fundraising and Campus Compact/Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund, is a mechanism to teach students in the Master of Public Administration (MPA) and Master of Social Work (MSW) programs about philanthropy. Under the direction of MPA faculty member David Campbell, students designed and implemented the grant making process, as well as the fund-raising efforts to support the project.