2014 Summer staff selection
Applications for 2014 Summer Staff now available. Click to apply through B-Engaged.
The role of Orientation Summer Staff is to assist with various campus activities over two summer months, and the Welcome Weekend. Summer staff will be responsible for working from June 9-Aug. 29 on events associated with Orientation and Late Nite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively and fully participate in training for the position.
• Show up and be ready to work at designated scheduled times.
• Hold position as first priority to other summer obligations.
• Welcome new students and families to Binghamton University.
• Run designated Late Nite activities set for summer orientation.
• Assist with checking Orientation participants in and out of the residence halls (organizing keys etc.)
• Assist with set up or tear down of events
• Actively manage and participate in the organization of the parking lots for Orientation participants.
In order to be considered as a candidate, you must:
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0
- Be in good academic and judicial standing with the University
- Must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student
- Applications are available through B-Engaged.
- Applications are due Friday, April 11.
- Interviews are by invitation only. They will be held April 22-25. If asked to an interview, you will be notified via e-mail, so please be sure to check your e-mail.
- Staff members will be notified by May 2.