The Physical Facilities Grounds Department is responsible for the care and maintenance of all outdoor areas on campus including: lawns, flower beds, walkways and roadways.
The Grounds Department maintains more that 6.3 miles of roads, 3.5 miles of service drives, 23 miles of walks and 38.5 acres of parking lots with 14 grounds workers. Donald Williams is the Grounds Service Manager. He can be reached at 7-4638.
Grounds Department tasks include:
- Mowing- the campus is divided into zones and lawn areas (with the exception of athletic fields) are mowed once a week.
- Police Grounds- grounds crews survey campus grounds and clean up any litter seven days a week.
- Plant, weed and water flower beds.
- Oversee pesitcide applications.
- Maintain athletic and co-recreation fields.
- Trim trees.
- Remove snow from roads and walkways.
- Clean roads and walkways.
- Perform minor excavation and paving.
- Provide support as needed for various campus events.