- CIW residents compete during Woods Olympics each year
- Peer tutoring at the CIW Discovery Center
- CIW's Casino-in-the-Woods event raises money for charity
College In The Woods Community (CIW)
Here's what some recent incoming students said when we asked them why they chose CIW as their #1 choice for where to live at Binghamton.
I want to live in CIW:
- because I love the thought of being surrounded by woods and living in a community that was built to cut down the fewest trees
- because my friends who lived here told me about this fundraiser where you order hot dogs and cookies for $1 and they're delivered to your room
- because I'm an easy-going, laid back kind a person and I heard that's the vibe at CIW
- because I think Woods Jam, Woodstock, Casino-in-the Woods and the other traditions here sound amazing
- because I couldn't decide what style room or how many roommates I wanted and CIW has lots of options
- because I heard the slushies at the Woods Diner are great
- because some of the reviews I read said the building layout makes each floor seem like its own little community, and I like that
Take the CIW quiz!
Q. The halls at CIW are close together because it was built using blueprints originally made for a prison (the closeness was necessary for riot control).
- Opened in 1972/Mohawk Hall opened in 2001
- 5 residence halls/1,300+ students
- Halls named after Iroquois tribes
- Suite and corridor-style rooms
- Doubles, triples, quads and suites for 5 or 6 people
- Break, chemical free and learning community options