- Students are already enjoying the new rooms in Bingham Hall
- Newing residents celebrate the start of the fall semester with a bonfire
- Meeting up with friends at the Hinman Dining Hall
Here's what some recent incoming students said when we asked them why they chose Newing as their #1 choice for where to live at Binghamton.
I want to live in Newing:
- because I want to live in the newest buildings on campus
- because I'm a musician and they have rehearsal space
- because I think their traditions—like Autumn Bowl and Newing Navy—sound like a lot of fun
- because being environmentally conscious is important to me and all the Newing halls are "green" buildings
- because I want to live in the Scholars Learning Community
- because I heard it's easy to meet new people, especially with all the lounges in the buildings!
- because my mom lived in the "old" Newing and I'm excited to continue the tradition in the "new" Newing
Take the Newing quiz!
Q. What was the name of the shallow pond that used to be behind Broome and Chenango halls?
- Established in 1967
- 4 new buildings opened in 2010-11
- Halls named after important people/places
- Semi-private rooms
- Break, chemical free and learning community options