Five Tips for Meeting with an Adviser
- Write down your questions.
- If you are meeting to discuss registration, prepare in advance a list of class choices, including alternate choices.
- Make an appointment to see your faculty adviser well in advance. If a deadline is approaching, do not wait until the last minute. Plan in advance!
- Bring information, documentation, your DARS report and an outline of your plans to your appointment.
- Know the academic calendar. It includes information on registration, add and drop deadlines, vacations, breaks, and exam schedules. You are responsible for keeping these deadlines.
Last Updated: 9/23/09