Welcome to the EngiNet Graduate Engineering Distance Learning Program.
EngiNet offers asynchronous courses that remain on-line the entire semester. All EngiNet students will be on the exact schedule as the on-campus students. There will not be a one week delay for submitting homework assignments or exams. If you need additional time you MUST contact the professor immediately.
All students must confirm their registration using BU BRAIN before Friday, September 9, 2011. Registration will be cancelled if confirmation is not completed.
The last day to add or drop a course is Friday, September 9, 2011.
BU ID Card
- Registered Binghamton University EngiNet students are issued a BU ID card.
- ID cards are mailed to all EngiNet students within two weeks of classes.
- You are not required to come to campus to obtain an ID card.
- Textbooks can be purchased from the Binghamton University Bookstore on-line or by calling 607-777-2745. Also, you may purchase your textbook from any online book seller.
- Read the syllabus located in Blackboard (Bb) to see the required textbook.
- EngiNet courses will be streamed over the Internet.
- Course lectures are recorded until 9:00 pm Monday - Thursday. Therefore, courses will be posted on-line within 24 hours of the day they are recorded.
- To view a course using Internet streaming, your computer will need a high speed broadband connection such as Time Warner Road Runner.
- BLACKBOARD (Bb) Course Management Systems will be used to post assignments, notes and stream lectures.
- Most professors will add section 20 (EngiNet students) to section 01. The professors like to only post once to Bb therefore, section 20 will be incorporated into section 01. The streaming lectures will remain in section 20.
- Click on "Course Documents" to see streaming lectures and notes.
- You must use your Binghamton University PODS account and password to access Blackboard (Bb). If you do not know your PODS account please go to BU BRAIN to access this information.
- Lecture CDs will no longer be mailed. All EngiNet students are required to view ALL lectures via the Internet.
- If you have problems streaming please contact the EngiNet office by email or phone at 800-478-0718.
How to Submit Homework Assignments and Exams
- Assignments can be e-mailed or faxed (toll free 877-258-6640) to the EngiNet office or to the professor.
- You can also upload homework assignments, projects or reports into Blackboard.
ALL EngiNet students are required to take exams on the same scheduled date as the on-campus students. If you need additional time, you MUST contact the professor ONLY (copy the EngiNet office at firstname.lastname@example.org). Local EngiNet students may be asked to come to campus to take the exam with the on-campus students.
- All distance learning students MUST identify a proctor to administer exams. The proctor MUST not be closely related to the student (for example, spouse, relatives, other students or close friends). Usually, the proctor is a manager in the company where you are employed, a minister or a librarian.
- A proctor letter is located in the course management system. Please have the proctor complete the proctor letter and fax or mail it back to the EngiNet office (877-258-6640).